When speaking out against Islam, I frequently hear corrective responses from well meaning people. Their criticism is almost always along the lines of the following examples:
- I know a Muslim family. They are very nice, peaceful and I’m glad to be called their friends.
- Your comments are condemning over a billion Muslims and only a tiny fraction are extremists.
- Christians have committed atrocities also – just look at the Crusades.
I’d like to answer each of the criticisms above in an effort to honestly express my attitude as an outspoken opponent of Islamic doctine.
#1. I know a Muslim family. They are very nice, peaceful and I’m glad to be called their friends.
I am thrilled any time someone becomes a friend of a Muslim. I befriend Muslims every chance I get, but this is irrelevant to the real issue. The followers of any faith can range from barely religious and unaware of scriptural principles to extremely knowledgeable and surrendered to the doctrine. Likewise, followers can be gentle and kind, or harsh and insensitive. The point is that we can’t learn that much about an ideology by having a casual relationship with a few of the followers. It’s the ideology that I am trying to disclose – specifically the dark side of the ideology – and I labor to educate people so that they won’t be deceived by the smooth rhetoric of organizations like CAIR, whose deep ties to terrorist organizations is well documented.
#2. Your comments are condemning over a billion Muslims and only a tiny fraction are extremists.
My comments are focused on the tenants of Islam, not the followers of the faith. I do give examples of Muslims behaving according to those tenants so that people see how the dark doctrines are really guiding some of the most dedicated Muslims. I am particularly interested in exposing the passages from the Qur’an and Hadith of which most Westerners are oblivious. There is a very dark side to Islam. Some Muslims know it and disapprove. I wish they all did. The problem is if only 5% of the 1 billion Muslims(a conservative estimate) were extremists there would be a huge 50 million man Islamic army.
#3. Christians have committed atrocities also – just look at the Crusades.
Yes, Christians did in fact commit atrocities during the Crusades mainly to innocent Jews, but this shameful period of Christian history is poorly understood. The Crusades were a militant response to Islamic conquests that had spread from Saudi Arabia to Africa and Europe over the previous couple of hundred years. Islam advanced by warfare (jihad), not because Muslims were spreading their faith by word of mouth as our revisionist textbooks lead young people in the West to believe. The threat to “Christendom” had become severe enough to inspire a war of resistance. If they hadn’t gone to war against Muslim armies you and I would be speaking Arabic today, living under the same kind of repressive government we see in every country dominated by Islam.
Assuming that the Crusades and Islamic jihad are moral equivalents is a huge error in judgment. So is failure to recognize the doctrine of Islam, commanding Muslims to conquer the entire world so that there is no other religion but Islam.
- Quran 8:39 And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere…
- Quran 8:60 Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides…
- Quran 9:5 fight and slay the Pagans (non Muslims) wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war…
- Quran 9:14 Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands…
- Quran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.
- Quran 9:73 O Prophet! Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is their destination.
- Quran 9:111 Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs in return is the garden of Paradise: they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain…
- Quran 9:123 O you who believe! Fight the unbelievers who are around you, and let them find firmness in you…
There is absolutely no such Scriptural mandate for Christians. On the contrary, the New Testament Scriptures make very clear that our fight is against spiritual forces, not human forces. Christians who act on the Bible’s instruction, therefore, will fight withprayer and speaking the Gospel to advance their faith in the earth. Notice the expressed command to engage in spiritual warfare by way of analogy with a soldier’s equipment:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. (Ephesians 6:10-18, NIV)
More history – more clarification: When the Spaniards conquered South America, they forced Catholicism on the native people. The so called ‘Christian’ Conquistadors grossly violated Christian doctrine. In contrast, Muslims have obeyed Qur’anic doctrine by conquering foreign lands to advance Islam. The example of the prophet in the Hadith and the commands of Allah in the Qur’an prove that Islam’s 1400 years of bloody boarders are directly inspired by tenants central to the religion.